Montmorillonite is used as a soil additive to increase the CEC of the soil and dramatically enhance the soil profile through natural micronutrients.
It can be used internally to treat a variety of ailments. Find more info here at http://www.montmorillonite.org/
1. The mineral absorbs toxic substances from the intestinal tract, and at the same time possesses a healing and soothing quality.
2. The absorptive power of this natural clay - mineral compound is very great. It absorbs gaseous substances - and aids in regularity.
3. The natural clay mineral helps supply mineral trace elements that may be lacking in the diet.
4. The natural trace elements act as catalysts which aid in metabolism, and cell building.
5. These minerals form a gel-like substance that acts as a protective coating in the intestinal tract.
6. These minerals contain both ferrous and ferric iron. Ferrous irons for the hemoglobin (red coloring-matter of the blood) formation, and ferric irons for the muscular cells.
7. Minerals function in maintaining osmotic pressure and influence contractility of muscles.
8. Minerals enter into the synthesis of every living cell and they influence the vital processes of oxidation, secretion, growth, and reproduction.
9. Mineral elements are essential to the structure of certain complex chemical compounds, which influence the course of metabolism."